[TenTec] Distorted audio on Pegasus

Charlie Johnson k4zrj@mindspring.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:47:13 -0500

I am getting reports of distorted audio with my Pegasus. I am using a 705
mike, and have changed mikes with no improvement. My Paragon, sitting next
to the Peg, sounds fine on the same antenna, dummy load, tuner, etc. - so I
don't think it's RF getting into the audio, but I might be wrong if the Peg
is more prone to that. I'm able to hear plainly hear it in another
receiver - it's present on the Peg, but not the Paragon. Changing the mic
gain pot inside the Peg doesn't help either.

I've called TenTec about this and they said 'huh'? No help there.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks, 73, Charlie, K4ZRJ