[TenTec] PIN diodes for Omni VI

Duane A Calvin ac5aa@juno.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:11:38 -0500

Why not use HP pin diodes?  I installed these in my IC-765 for the
bandpass filter section to improve 2nd order harmonic suppression.  As I
remember, they were around $3-4 each.  They were not readily available,
but we were able to find someone who stocked them (either Avnet or the HP
distributor - I forget now).  These are the HP diodes mentioned in Dr.
Ulrich Rohde's QST series on  "Modern Receiver Design."

        73,  Duane   AC5AA

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:07:25 -0500 "Don Hall" <donhall@myriad.net>
writes:

> Back in 1997, Paul, W9AC, installed Microsemi UM2110 diodes to
> replace the
> 1N4007's in his Omni VI for better isolation of the auxilliary
> antenna.
>
> Tries direct and through distributors have drawn a blank. No
> response to
> sample request and reply from factory that minimum order is 14 units
> at
> $427.
>
> Anyone out there have any of these they are willing to sell or know
> where I
> can get three to install?
>
> 73  Don  K5AQ
>

> --