[TenTec] Scout drift fix?

Dennis Terribile/WR4i wr4i@mindspring.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:48:58 -0400

I would have to agree with Stuart that the Scout has its strong points with
regard to FD op especially in a  harsh RF environment ("23-A" !!). As the
many replies indicated it has some very strong points that for some may far
outway the drawbacks.  I for one have 4 TT rigs in the shack at the moment
and have more fun operating those than I do the two newer "big-3" rigs.
(746 & 817).
The intent of my original post was only to find out if TTec had made design
changes to the Scout over the years so I could let my friend who is about
to spend more repair $$ with his TS-50 know there was a viable alternative.
Thanks again for the many replies and informative discussion about this radio!
Dennis/WR4i