[TenTec] MFJ-493 memory keyer

Larry Kayser kayser@sympatico.ca
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:02:26 -0400

Jim:

>I also have a MFJ-493 memory keyer. It can send
>text files. You just connect HyperTerminal to it as
>a dumb terminal.

This MFJ Keyer has a wonderful characteristic that you will come to know and
love when you are trying to use it from an RS-232 port.  If you send more
than one character to this keyer without any spacing between the chraracters
this fine product will miss the second character most of the time.

The amount of extra spacing required to gurantee faultless operation is
about 50% the duration of each character.

Larry
VA3LK