[TenTec] Laptops and Pegasus

hjohnc@core.com hjohnc@core.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:00:46 -0500 (CDT)

I just got a laptop computer to use with my Pegasus.  I like that
there is no computer or monitor noise.  But....

At times the hard disk will start whirring and take focus away from
the Pegasus control program.  If you are sending CW at the time, it
will not send for a second or two.  Needless to say, this isn't good.

I called the tech support line and they said it was Windows updating
settings automatically and nothing could be done to shut it off.

Now, I doubt that as the disk whirs for 5 to 10 seconds (but the
interruption to the Pegasus control only is for the first second).
The operating system is Windows ME, but tech support said all Windows
operating system software does this.

Anyone else dealt with this issue?  Any way to keep the Pegasus
control program from losing control?

TIA es 73 de K8HJ
John Huffman
hjohnc@core.com