[TenTec] Omni-A problem

Jerry L. Kitterman kitt5@earthlink.net
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:35:33 -0500

Gentlemen,

  I have an old Omni A rig and also the "talking freq counter".  Sometime
ago I decided to set it all up and in my hurry I apparently connected the
two pieces wrong and all I know is that I must of somehow got some voltage
into the omni from the counter.

  I now have a Omni that receives only and a counter that does not work.
Actually it goes wild when plugged in and is all over the place in freq. but
it does not matter as much to me as the radio.  I do detect a small
deflection on the meter when in xmit (driver?) but not enough output to talk
with.

  My question is is their any protection, fuses, diodes, etc. for the finals
that I'm missing on the schematic or what.  Just want to see if I can help
it before it goes back home to TT for repair.  Thanks.

73
Jerry
W9CTB