[TenTec] corsair 2 cw power

Jos Weitenberg pa3hgx@hotmail.com
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:13:34 -0000

Hello OM's

I have the following problem with a Corsair II

I can get this tranceiver from a listener HAM, who never used this
rig for tranceiving.
Poweroutput in SSB is about 100 watts. (+/- 20 A on the meter of the
powersupplly)

In CW the output is about 12 watts max (+/- 8 A on the meter of the
powersupply)

I set the mode switch firs on LOCK, the ALC max clockwise and then turn the
DRIVER switch clockwise. The ALC led burns a very little.
The power meter shows bij max. driver setting about 12 watts..
Whwn I am going to CW mode everything is the same as in LOCK position.

I read the manual from front to the end....is this a technical problem, or
do I something wrong ??
Please reactions to PA3HGX@HOTMAIL.COM

73's from the Netherlands

Jos PA3HGX