[TenTec] DSP Engine in New Rig?

Frank Gilmore klycotek01@home.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:07:48 -0500

Some of my most frustrating experiences have been with Kenwood....both as a
former ham dealer and as a user.

Purchased a new TS-940 loaded to the gills when they came out.  Great
radio...when it worked.  It made many trips back for main CPU replacements
among other things.  I could never get anyone to talk about it via telephone
or letter.  I sold it.

TenTec has a very good PR reputation which has held them in strong
competition against everyone else.

Reading all the comments on DSP today (and for months) I agree with many but
most of us can suffer some tradeoffs for the overall engineering and
durability of the Pegasus-Jupiter.

The one that I can't convince myself to live with however is the CW note
problem.  Many 'reasons' for the problem have been offered but no one seems
able to cure it.  Was amused at the Jupiter review in QST where the author
was trying to describe the strange note without really lambasting it.

73,   Frank  K0JPJ ex-W5PVX