[TenTec] Pegasus DSP

SkyBridgeA@aol.com SkyBridgeA@aol.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 01:30:30 EDT

Hi All,

Regarding price/performance with Pegasus or Jupiter there seems to be fairly universal accord that it is worth it. I have a 756PRO and Pegasus side by side and there is not much that the 756 picks up that the Pegasus won't handle under virtualy any conditions.  I do notice that the Pegasus noise reduction is more significant on atmospheric noise than the Icom...BUT...when "broken" by a signal there is more noise hash on the signal than with Icom unless I use narrow filters.  Then they are comparable.

I do wish we had something more narrow than 300hz, and that the notch filter could be adjusted manually for use on CW.  Other than that it's a peach.

73,
Art, KC2G
kc2g@arrl.net