[TenTec] DSP Engine in New Rig?

Simmons, Reid W reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:14:51 -0700

Then why are you wasting bandwidth here?  I have had horrible experiences
with "Jappy rigs" over the years and no longer own any and won't buy any,
but I don't waste bandwidth on those lists telling them about it.

Reid, K7YX

-----Original Message-----
From: James Parsons [mailto:res075cz@gte.net]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 4:30 PM
To: Frank Gilmore; wo8l@att.net
Cc: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DSP Engine in New Rig?

This  is the reason I stopped buying TenTec. I operate primarily (95
percent) CW. I bought three Scouts at different times, one new, two used
from TenTec. Each one had considerable drift at 25 WPM and above. When I
contacted TenTec about it they made excuses for it and told me to "pause" to
give the microprocessor time to catch up. I don't believe that is state of
the art engineering. I find they make excuses for other shortcomings in
other gear. I would much rather they make a cure than give excuses.

Don't misunderstand me; they give great service and put out a super
product. But in those areas  where there are problems they tend to make
excuses rather than make modifications. The quality of switches in my
CENTAUR linear amplifier should have been changed right from the start. I
got excuses about those also, and two free switches to replace them as they
went out.

Just my experiences...now I am afraid to buy from them....(yes,  after over
60 years of buying ham gear, I can quote problems with other companies
also!).

73 de Jim, K5ROV...