[TenTec] Viewing the 6 meter band

Duane Grotophorst n9dg@yahoo.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:53:17 -0700 (PDT)

There are number of tricks that can be done to watch a
segment of a band, everything from straight forward
scanning to real expensive spectrum analyzers. What is
so appealing about the dual Pegasus (or Jupiter's in
Pegasus mode) is that you can click on each new spike
you see and never have to remember a frequency or
switch anything.

While the dual Pegasus plus transverter approach isn't
real inexpensive, it is still significantly less
costly than say a new Icom IC-756Pro. Even the RX320
could be used as the "sweeping" radio, unfortunately
it is too limited because of its 1200-baud serial
connection.

I'm really hoping that the 516 will have
Pegasus/Jupiter like (or significantly better)
computer interface capability and RX performance. At
$600 each it would be an excellent building block for
fully computerized station operation. Four of them
plus two transverters would make a nice dual RX/Sweep
display 6M and 2M station.

73,
Duane
N9DG