[TenTec] Higher fidelity employing the Inrad mod!!

Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 22:05:42 -0800

Well, I guess it's time to determine exactly what the Omni VI+ audio
chain in receive really is.  Guess I'll have to make frequency response,
slew rate, THD, IMD and s/n measurements.

I figure from the circuit that there's some roll-off to kill the hiss.
The way it's done it may cause IMD to be a bit high thus producing a
"non musical" character to the RX audio.  Harmonics of 3rds, 5ths & 7ths
are fine where as 2nds, 4ths, and 6ths are not.

More latter.

73
Bob K4TAX