[TenTec] OMNI VI IF/AF board question

Clark Savage Turner csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 10:25:18 -0800 (PST)

Installed the components on the IF/AF board for more SSB audio with my
(first production run) OMNI VI.  The components are, of course, not
surface mount and they are on top of the board rather than underneath (as
in the plus).  In process of the mod, I want to clarify component location
and prodecure for those with older OMNI VI's (whether upgraded or not, you
have the same, apparently older IF/AF board).

Can someone with an older OMNI VI (either unmodified or upgraded, just not
an original "plus") look at R2 on the IF/AF board (not part of the mod,
but right nearby!) and tell me whether it is actually a 1 K resistor
between two .047 caps?  My schematic says it should be a 1 K resistor, but
the resistor on the board is actually 100 ohms.  Anyone aware of any
corrections to the schematic from the older versions of the OMNI VI?

Clark
WA3JPG