[TenTec] OMNI VI t/r problem, clues?

Rick Williams ve7asr@telus.net
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:03:24 -0800

Are you using a TT amp or auto tuner??

It sounds to me like the cables from TX OUT or TX EN are the problem.
If you aren't using a tuner or amp make sure these two points are
jumpered.

73,
Rick
VE7ASR

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tentec@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-tentec@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Clark Savage Turner
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 15:34 PST
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI t/r problem, clues?

Well, the receiver is fine but after a long time I decided to
transmit.
Nothing!  No T/R action.  The receiver barely mutes.  The ALC light
does
not come on (like the time static discharges took out the diodes on
the
SWR board...) when I hit the PTT in SSB.  Of course, since the
receiver
does not mute, no output on transmit.  In fact, the S meter still
reads
received signal strength even when I hit the "tune" button.  Sounds
like
it must be simple (or even pilot error!!!)  Any clues for me?

Clark
WA3JPG