[TenTec] RF in audio

Ken Kinyon - W7TS W7TS@Qwest.net
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:25:53 -0700

Hello,
I would like to pose a question to the reflector.

I am on my third Ten-Tec transceiver. I started with a paragon in about 1988
or so and am now using a Omni-VI+.
I have over the years used lots of other rigs.  I also subscribe to
reflectors for Yaesu and Icom.

Why is it only Ten-Tec rigs that have this RF into the rig problem?

I have fought it several times myself with a lot of work and frustration.  I
am afraid to hook anything new to the transceiver for fear of encountering
this all over.  Right now it is the main reason that I'm not on RTTY.  I
don't feel like dealing with it.

I am beginning to think "Why don't I just buy a FT-1000MP and have done with
all the nuisance?"

 I would like opinions and comments on why this seems to be a Ten-Tec only
problem.

thanks,
Ken W7TS

-------------------