[TenTec] Samlex America power supplies

Bob Wilderman dlrwild1@voicenet.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:18:57 -0500

I need advice about purchasing a switching power supply from Samlex America.
Their specs seem excellent, their warranty is better than Astron (3 years
vs. 1 year), the price is excellent ($89.95 for the 23 amp supply at only 4
pounds or $79.95 for the 10 amp supply at 3 pounds).

Anyone have experience with this company, have one of their products? Can
the voltage be raised internally from 13.8 vdc to 14.5 vdc so that I can
charge an internal lead acid battery in one of my QRP rigs, the K2? I want
to trickle charge the 2.9 Ah battery by leaving the P/S on continuously even
when the K2 is shut-down. Raising the voltage is recommended in the manual.
I know the Astron supplies can be adjusted internally on one of the circuit
boards. Any help, comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Any other
P/S that you could recommend?

Bob Wilderman, K3SRO
dlrwild1@voicenet.com