[TenTec] ground

KF6ZZ@aol.com KF6ZZ@aol.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:52:43 EST

In a message dated 01-03-23 20:14:45 EST, you guys wrote:

> Subj:  [TenTec] ground
>  Date:    01-03-23 20:14:45 EST
>  From:    ac5ez@webtv.net (Larry)
>  Sender:  owner-tentec@contesting.com
>  To:  TenTec@contesting.com
>

>  My new 25amp tt ps dosent have a ground post .
     Being in the habit of grounding everything I was curious as to why Ten
tec didnt put a ground  post on the 25amp switching supply.

>  K1zw
>  Larry
>  Qcwa

Larry OM - -

The photos shown by TT  of  their new switching supply bear an uncanny
resemblance to the Astron SS-25, which does connect the green wire AC ground
to the 13.8VDC return internally.

Why not pop off the cover and have a look ?

Betcha TT just bought a load of SS-25's and put their name on them.

I have used both the SS-25 and SS-18 with my Scout and Corsair II with
excellent results.

Any comments on the performance ?
Are you having any problems with the supply such as RFI hash getting into
your RX ?

-  Phil    KF6ZZ