[TenTec] Scout chirp

Stuart Rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
Tue, 8 May 2001 14:49:48 -0500

Vince,
The way to resolve this is to try another battery fully charged or a 13.8
DCV Astron of 20 amps rating, I will bet it was the battery & charger.   One
of the ways this can happen is ripple or lack of regulation on the charger
connected while operating, as they often ramp the voltage to vary the charge
near top off.  The other way is age of the battery, if old its self
impedance could be rising It may not be a stable source any more.  What
power were you running?  I never let my Scout go below 12 volts, as the
regulator variance means it will chirp just under that, 11 volts on mine for
example, but it can vary with age of the parts.
GL and 73,
Stuart K5KVH