[TenTec] Ten Tec "Jupiter"

K6atz@aol.com K6atz@aol.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 21:30:10 EDT

Tom & Jack,

I'm having no problem with ATTN.  It does what it's supposed to do for me, lower sensitivity to MW broadcast stations on 160 and other QRN on 80.  In addition, I often see significantly lower S-meter readings when ATTN is engaged.

As you go higher in frequency it has less and less effect, but usually there is no purpose for it there.  The issues I encounter on the higher bands are best dealt with using NR, AN, RF gain, bandwidth and passband offset, etc.  40 meters has never sounded so good!  10 meter contesting has been smooth.

I'm running 1.09 and for the money I think the Jup is a great rig.  The sensitivity meets my needs, the radio is great for a casual poaching of DX during contests.  (I upgraded from the Pegasus but still use N4PY's excellent software with my Jupiter at least part of the time.  The program's a steal at $25.  'Nuff said.)

73s,
Joe
K6ATZ

NOT too proud to use AOL. The only thing that
works in more places is POCKETMAIL!  See www.pocketmail.com for a really cool solution.