[TenTec] microphones and ten tec gear

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 14:59:09 -0400

If the culprit is an improper setting of carrier set point (aka "carrier
offset"), then you should notice your RECEIVED audio as sounding "bassy" as
well.  If so, it is almost definitely this adjustment - if not, it's
probably not.

A soundcard-equipped PC can easily plot the audio response by feeding the
receive audio into the soundcard's input and running SR5
software(www.ar5.com to download).  Tune to an open frequency (noise) and
run a plot.  You should definitely see an audio response that is fairly flat
out beyond 2000hz with the 2.4 filter.  A plot of my Corsair is at
http://www.albany.net/~bg/Audio/Corsairspectra.htm although this is slightly
more extended due to the Inrad 2.8 filter

GL/73,

Barry  N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg