[TenTec] Jupiter Computer Control in non-Pegasus Mode

Carl J. Denbow ka8jxg@callsign.net
Sun, 13 May 2001 16:14:46 -0400

Gary,

Thanks so much for the response.  This is my first Ten-Tec rig
(always owned Kenwood before), and I must say I really like the way
your company operates and your customer-friendly approach.  This
email direct from a company engineer is a good example of the
openness I've noticed in all my dealings with your company in the
few weeks since I ordered the Jupiter.  Heck, I even liked the sales
guy! ; - )

One further question:  When fully implemented will the command set be
ICOM compatible, or will it be a new Ten-Tec command set?   Thanks,
again for your response to my previous question.

73

Carl

On Sat, 12 May 2001 11:01:57 -0400, Gary Barbour wrote:
>Gentleman,
>    The non-Pegasus control interface for the Jupiter is currently
in
>development. Recent Jupiter firmware updates have in fact included
>portions of the enhanced command set. Other
>enhancements...Noise Blanker, Speech Processor, AM
>Transmit.... have delayed progress. Look for documentation and
>perhaps a firmware update in the coming weeks.
>
>Gary
>Gary Barbour AC4DL
>Digital Design Engineer
>Ten-Ten Inc.