[TenTec] OT - CW keyboards

Radiodan W7RF RFpower@radiodan.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:49:38 -0700

Hi Al,

I don't use keyboard often for CW sending, but when I do (usually contests),
I use software to do it. The programs I use are DX4WIN, (my day to day
logger) which has a nice keyboard sending feature that is full function with
memories. For contests I use WRITELOG version 10, which is also excellent. A
knob for speed is my choice too, but a quick "alt F9 or F10" isn't bad.

C U on the bands!

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
BIRD Power Measuring equipment, Still THE most accurate in the world!
Tohtsu coaxial relays, Samlex 25A power supply, Maha batteries & chargers
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com/>     RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tentec@contesting.com [mailto:owner-tentec@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Al Scanandoah
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 3:40 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT - CW keyboards

I know that a significant number of QRQ ops use Ten Tec gear, so this is
at least somewhat relevant...

It's been a few years since I've used a keyboard; what's out there these
days and what are the favorites?

I've heard good things about the K20, but not much about anything else.
My preference would be something that has a knob for speed adjustment,
but isn't absolutely necessary if it's easy to change the speed via the
keyboard.

73 - Al, K2ZN