[TenTec] Omni 6 keyer speed fix

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales@tentec.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 08:56:22 -0400

W9CTB wrote:

>The other one was with the constant speeding up and slowing down of the
>built in keyer. One fella told me that he had crossed the leads (inside)?
>the rig with a capacitor and it really helped but I did not try that one.
>The other man said TT had the fix for the problem. I called and they did
>not have it or anything like that.

Hello Jerry:

I'm a little perplexed by this - we've had reports from some (I'll have to
define "some" also:  a few, not all, not the majority) Omni-VI Plus owners
that the keying speed with the internal keyer will be subject to a little
bit of variation.   There is an easy fix for this problem involving the
addition of a .01 capacitor.   Please give us a call at (865) 428-0364
and ask to speak with Don Prouty in our service department.  We'll
be happy to describe the fix and send you the part at no charge.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (865) 428-0364 or (865) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.