[TenTec] RE: Trading up...

Michael Melland w9wis@charter.net
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:19:09 -0600

Ten-Tec does allow for trades with thier gear.....

But as one of the many happy Omni V (actually upgraded to a Omni V.9) owners
I'd hold off spending all that extra cash to try to improve what is arguably
already one of their best rigs.  I thought about selling my Omni V before
upgrading it and determined that the few extra features (main one being dsp)
that I'd get with the VI+ wasn't woth an extra $1500+/- to boot plus the
loss of my beloved Omni V.  I've had lots of rigs .... they come and go....
but the Omni V is still here.

BTW the receiver section sans dsp of the Omni V and VI+ are about
identical..... with my Omni V if I can hear them I can work them .... what
else do you need ?

Regards,

Mike

--