[TenTec] Too wide a signal....

Bob, WB2VUF wb2vuf@qsl.net
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:47:06 -0500

I'm not sure what "too wide" on cw means....unless its clicks or hum
modulation. For clicks, make sure you're not driving it too hard.
Increasing the drive beyond the point at which the ALC light comes on
can cause spurious outputs, according to TT. For hum, make sure that
there are no AC power supplies too close to the PTO. PTO's are
susceptible to magnetic fields and an AC fields will modulate your
signal. I tried to stack my Corsair on top of the power supply and
remote VFO once...made all the cw sound rough.

			73,

			Bob WB2VUF