[TenTec] A new QRP radio

Kenneth Crips w7itc@hotmail.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:28:36 -0700

Re a back pack

I don't know what the dimensions are of this new QRP rig from
Ten-Tec but there are numerous goodies for the IC706 and the
FT-100, and the FT-817 which could be adapted.  I noticed a Ham
at a Hamfeast in Colorado who had a 706 in a "man portable setup
he had a choice of antennas.  His power supply was interesting
he had one of the belt packs the TV news camera men use, and to keep things
charged he had a small flexible solar panel.

                       Ken

Kenneth A. Crips, Amateur Radio Station W7ITC,
Home of the Chew Crew.  Razz, Beezie, and Morgan.
Cheyenne, Wyoming's Irish Terriers with an attitude.