[TenTec] Omni Series question

Steve Weber kd9bo@mac.com
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 19:33:39 -0500

Paul,

The A means Analog display
The D means digital display

The omnis were first available as a Omni A and Omni D.  Same rig with
a different readout.

On your list these are:
Omni A
Omni B

The second iteration was the series B.  This was available in both
analog and Digital display.
On your list these are:
Omni A series B
Omni D Series B
Tentec also offered an upgrade kit to turn the originals into the B
series.  You can tell it is an upgrade if one of the knobs on the
right side of the front panel has a sticker over the original panel
markings.  I think it is the bandwidth selector switch.  The
Originals had a squelch control in that position.

The third and final mutation was available only in digital and is
called the Omni D Series C

Those are the official names.  The street names work like this.  The
first model is called either the A or D, depending on display.  The
second model is the B and is usually assumed to be digital.  The
third model is simply called the Omni C.

Clear as mud?

73 de KD9BO Steve