Fw: [TenTec] Re: Centurion amp questions

Duane A Calvin ac5aa@juno.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:16:07 -0600

Certainly on the newer Centurions there is no issue of  "hot switching" -
you can QSK key through the keying loop on any Ten-Tec (or newer Yaesu, I
think) rig, or you can key the amp and let it key the rig.  I used the
latter method when I first got my TT amp and it was flawless - keyed very
nicely.  Later, when I hooked my Centurion to my Omni VI+ keying loop, it
was also flawless.  I really liked my Centurion.

        73,  Duane

Duane A. Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
ac5aa@juno.com -or- ac5aa@austin.rr.com
Day:  dacalvin@us.ibm.com

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Larry Kayser" <kayser@sympatico.ca>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:42:01 -0500
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Centurion amp questions

Greetings:

I have had my Centurian for about 5 years now, works good and is
consistent.
I did manage to have the HV power transformer fail, after thinking about
it
and doing some tests I suspect it was just the luck of the draw, the
thing
failed and went short circuit inside the windings.  TT replaced the
transformer promptly at a reasonable cost.

The Pride tubes have given good service, I run QSK but choose not to use
the
internal Centurian keying system as I will accept no distortion of the CW
keying, I use a timed system to key the relays so they never close or
open
hot.  I find the amplifier is excellent value.

I hope you find that you have a similar experience if you get one.

Larry
VA3LK