[TenTec] Operating Tentec 540/544 near big amps

James Duffer dufferjames@hotmail.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:58:06 -0500

Hi Allan,

Bought my TenTec 544 new back around 77 or 78.  I have used it with a
Dentron MLA 2500 with no difficulty.  The telephone didn't fare as well!

The 544 was my main rig until the late 80s when I decided to get something
that had the WARC bands.  Still have the 544, it has been to TenTec twice.
Once to repair a probolem when the "pass" transistor of the associated power
supply shorted placing excessive voltage in the rig, and later for a PTO
rebuild.  Sure liked that rig.

73, Jim, wd4air