[TenTec] Modifyiing the Centaur...

Lane Zeitler ku7i@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:31:59 -0700

>>I would like to hear of your modifications. I thought of a fan with less
>>CFM
>mounted in the place of the original fan.  But I wonder if that last tube
>in
>the row would get sufficient cooling? These tubes are no longer easy to
>procure, and I don't want to shorten their life too much. .

Which is why it comes in handy so have some spare 572Bs. They use the same
filament E and I. Added to that they have significantly higher plate
dissipation and you have a nice safety margin. The will fit since they use
the same socket are actually slightly smaller in diameter and no tallter.
You will not gain anything in output increase but if you drop in 572s they
will probably last a life time at that lower Ep.

If the fan is 120vac then try the Radio Shack muffin fan. I do not know if
it will fit but a friend of mine replaced the loud fan in his Cliperton L
with the Wacky Shack fan and loves it, so quiet you can not tell it is even
on but yet moves a LOT of air.

God Bless America.

Lane
Ku7i