[TenTec] Corsair II AGC/Rcvr problems!

Clark Savage Turner csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Eddy Avila wrote:

> bands (as compared to my Kenwood TS690) and the weirdest problem of all:
> when I push in the RF Gain control the receiver sensitivity drops about 20db
> as if the 20-db attn control has been turned on, but then when I pull it out
> the attn light comes on alright but the receive sensitivity comes way up as
> if the 20-db attn circuit was bypassed!! So, this circuit has suddenly
> started working backwards....E G A D S!!

Sounds like the RF amp section has gone south.  As I recall, the Corsair
has an RF amp section that is turned off for "attn" action.  Don't recall
if it is the Corsair I or II, I believe they do it differently.  Check
your schematic / block diagram to see what is happening when you pull the
"attn" switch.

Clark
WA3JPG