[TenTec] Omni-D Dial sticking?

David S. Jackson kc6ssf@appleisp.net
Mon, 24 Sep 01 21:36:46 -0700

Looking for help/suggesions:

I have an Omni-D (FT-546) which has been waiting for me out in storage
for a few years. It is now reinstalled in the shack and seems to be
operating well.

Except that the frequency tuning knob does not want to turn. I was able
to get it turning but I had to remove the knob and skirt and use pliers -
ouch!

What's the best way to lubricate this and can I do it without taking it
all apart?
(it was one a.m. and I almost sprayed in the old WD-40!!!)

Thanks: David Jackson, KC6SSF

David S. Jackson, Santa Rosa, CA
Home = KC6SSF@appleisp.net
I use Windoz at work because they pay me to,
I use Macintosh at home because I WANT to!