[TenTec] My Jupiter/Heil Questions.

WmLB@prefer.net WmLB@prefer.net
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:44:32 -0700

First .. I thanks to the many of you for your
comments. This really is a great reflector. It
became clear early on, that I am not alone in my
frustrations with the Ten Tec/Heil combo.

I don't blame Heil and I don't blame TenTec.
Clearly not all mics and all rigs can be expected
to work well together. It's not a perfect world!

Based on the recommendations of another, I had an
extended telephone conversation this afternoon with
Julius, W2IHY, regarding one of his dual band audio
equalizers/noise gates. It would be a somewhat
pricy alternative ($130), but it would provide more
then adequate input to the Jupiter and also provide
some audio "tailoring" tools. As I just told
someone else, I have never been one of the guys
that spend a lot of time tinkering with the "highs
and the lows".. but it might be interesting to play
with. (It's a hobby .. right?)

So.. is if there anyone out there now using the
Heil/W2IHY Equalizer/TenTec combo...? I would be
interested in your comments.

I have been heading down the path of selling my
Heil and replacing it with a 705. That is clearly
the least expensive option.. just not sure it is
the right one. Maybe it is... since I am not a
"audio" guy.. beyond what is considered acceptable
quality

Hopefully I am not taking up too much band width
for this issue..My apologies if that might be the
case.

Bill, W6WLB