[TenTec] Is Jupiter better than the Icom 746

Stuart Rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 19:19:57 -0600

I hardly think so.  I do not hear others reporting any Jupiter RF problems.
ANY rig interfaced to a computer can have multiple paths of signal return
that can present problems with unbalanced, or in the shack, attic, or other
high field antennas near the radio.

We would have to have a more complete description of exactly what he
experienced.  The packaging of the Orion looks totally like a new case, so
that would give them a clean slate for the design.  Also, remember their
Chief Engineer changed after the Jupiter design, and before Orion, thus
there could be MANY differences, as the preliminary specs for Orion clearly
show.
73,
Stuart K5KVH