[TenTec] Omni/Pro -was Jupiter/Icom 746: what is "quiet"?

robert k stephens bstephens1@mindspring.com
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 20:32:31 -0500

Hi all,

Can someone try to explain this to me ? Why is Tim hearing more signals on
the Pro than th Omni V ? Is the Pro that much more sensitive ? -or does the
added filtering improve the signal to noise ratio ? -or maybe the DSP is
clearing up local pulse noise that was covering over weak signals on the
Omni V ? Do any of my guesses make sense ? -other explanations ?

tnx & 73
Bob, KB1CIW