[TenTec] KU4QD is not a good bet to do a deal with

Joe Malloy jmalloy@hamilton.edu
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:37:44 -0500

Folks, it pains me to do this, but I feel I must give you a warning about a
fellow ham, a YL:

	CAITLYN M MARTIN, KU4QD
	210 SPENCERS GATE DRIVE
	YOUNGSVILLE,   NC   27596

She has posted here before and indeed it was one such posting that brought
me to her web site in January of this year.  I noted that she had a number
of items for sale and, on January 11, I emailed her about the availability
of one of them (an old laptop computer).  She told me she still had it and,
if I wanted it, to send her $104.50 (which included shipping) and it was
mine.  I mailed her a postal money order on the 14th of January and
waited...and waited...and... well, suffice to say, I never got it -- nor did
I receive a requested refund of my $104.50.

Ms. Martin had numerous excuses as to why she didn't send the computer and,
finally, broke several promises to refund me my money.  Because I note that
she is still selling items via her web site, I urge any potential buyers to
be very careful when dealing with her.

This is only the second time in 37 years of hamming that I've ever had a
deal go sour - and the first time was when I had been a ham for all of 1
year!  That's not a bad track record, considering that I've purchased many
items, large and small, from fellow hams over the years.  It's a shame that
Ms. Martin has elected to cheat me, but I hope no one else falls for it.

73,

Joe, W2RBA