[TenTec] ARRL reviews

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw@fyi.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:42:15 -0400

I see.

So because the commercial consumer audio products magazines never write
critical reviews in order to not hurt the advertisers; and the ARRL sells ad
space in QST; therefore ARRL doesn't write critical reviews in order to not
hurt the advertisers?

Sorry, that's not proof.  Thats 2 + 2 = 22.

Can you (or anyone else trying this argument) show anything close to proof
of your theory?  Can you show me someone who used to work in the ARRL lab
that can verify a bad review was panned or rewritten in a positive light
after advertising pressure?

And once again, why is the ARRL being picked on?  By the same logic, are you
implying that CQ, 73, WorldRadio et al also all do the same thing, and if
so, where's the proof?  Surely if everyone was doing this, sooner or later
SOMEONE in the know would blow the whistle.

I have already strayed too far from the main topic of the reflector, and for
that, I apologize to all.  Anyone who wishes to discuss this further with
me, please, out of respect to the rest of the reflector, let's do it
privately.

73, ron wn3vaw

And now, the 2002 Version of the Jack Bogut Memorial Joke:
Why are they serving beer at PNC Park this year?
Because for the first time in 9 years, the Pirates DIDN'T lose the Opener!