[TenTec] BNC vs UHF connectors for HF 100w use

Stuart Rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:20:54 -0500

Good point Jerry!!!  I just looked at the voltage rating which is the
dielectric flash over obviously in this case.  I have seen them used to 500
watts, but of course the duty cycle is a factor in a lab.  The center pins
even gold plated are not all that big.

Good things to always consider gang, are BOTH current ratings (size) of
conductors, and voltage ratings of insulations and especially in temperature
rise situations like mobile rigs, where the wiring for DC may get HOT.
Just today, I caught someone from sponsor's lab giving us a battery pack for
a 4 amp application over a 13 foot distance with only 22 gauge wire, A tad
voltage drop there!
73,
Stuart K5KVH