[TenTec] Remote Pegasus

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:00:52 -0400

This sounds like an interesting idea. I also had an off reflector post where
someone was using a cordless telephone (not connected to the telephone line)
as the wireless source.  I wonder if such setups are legal?

>From the FCC regulations, Part 97

Section 113 "Prohibited Transmissions"

5.e No station shall retransmit programs or signals emanating from any type
of radio
station other than an amateur station, except propagation and weather
forecast
information intended for use by the general public and originated from
United States
Government stations and communications, including incidental music,
originating on
United States Government frequencies between a space shuttle and its
associated Earth
stations.

Does a wireless mic or cordless telephone constitute a "radio station".

Food for thought / comments
73,
Mark