[TenTec] Heil mikes w TenTec

AC5E@aol.com AC5E@aol.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:38:21 EDT

I have not had good luck with a simple Heil mike and a TenTec - including my
Paragon 1/II, the three Omni VI's or the Jupiter. But I don't have three
hands either, and TenTec does not offer a boom mike headset.

While building another of the mike kits it occured to me that there should be
a simple solution. There was. I drilled a small hole on the left side of the
mike tower, and installed a mini stereo jack.

Plugging a mike into the jack disconnects the TenTec mike cartridge and
inserts the Heil headset mike (or with a simple adapter any other Heil or
similar mike) into the circuit. I used this combo for several weeks and the
guys across town can't tell the difference. If they can't the DX can't
either.

I can, since I can use both hands to log now!

73  Pete Allen  AC5E