[TenTec] Save the Memories!

j justo@maplenet.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:23:48 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Ames" <bames@aob.com>

> I think I see the problem for TT when we ask for the ability to save and
> restore the content of the Jupiter memories. If that feature was
considered,
> one could make a very strong case for providing a small GUI (Graphical
User
> Interface) based application to perform this task and, most important,
> manage and change the memory contents.
>
> To do such software development is most likely beyond the skill set of the
> talented programmers who make the guts of the Jupiter work. TT would have
> hire a GUI programmer and that could be very expensive, here in
Connecticut
> they can get 100K or more /year.

may be this is my ignorance speaking, but i would imagine that TT already
has the GUI (aka the pegasus software).  all they would have to do is
provide the code to connect the memories that are currently saved to disk
and send them in the proper format to the jupiter.  IOW, the extra coding
would all be in the background (no GUI involved) w/only minor adjustments to
the peg's GUI for sending/retrieving info from the jupiter.