[TenTec] antennas

AC5E@aol.com AC5E@aol.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:27:58 EDT

The somewhat acrimonious discussion of antennas here reminds me that an EE I
slaved for back in the early 1950's told me flatly that there would be no
demand for more than one, two,  or possibly three transistors in one package
"because there would be no way to connect them to the rest of the circuit."

The same genius told everyone who would listen that product detectors were
impractical, cordless applicances were impossible because "even Tesla
couldn't run a light bulb on radiated RF" and practical levels of RF could
not heat something to cooking temperatures.  But 50 years later computers are
common, as are product detectors, cordless screwdrivers and microwave ovens.

Yes, there are people who will try to peddle snake oil and promises. But I
have seen so many successful products ridiculed that I will wait and see if
the "new spiral wrapped multi-dipole" is a practical antenna or a practical
joke. And the more information I can get the better.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E