[TenTec] eHam reviews....

Robert & Rebecca Coykendall becnbob@succeed.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:53:03 -0700

After extended communications with eHam's Reviews editor,  I came to the
conclusion that eHam accepts 2nd hand submissions as valid... which violates
any sense of fairness... as there have been several Jupiter reviews that
have been submitted by 'friends' of Joop owners... and interestingly, all
have been very negative in their assessments.  Some of the most negative
reviews clearly demonstrate that their authors were clueless in learning the
very basics of Jupiter operation, thus their criticisms were essentially
bogus.  One lid didn't even know how to change the Joop's display contrast.

If one carefully examines these nefarious reviews, one will quickly come to
the conclusion that these are nothing more than 'hit pieces' against Ten-Tec
in general and the Jupiter specifically... and if I were Scott Robbins, I
would write a news article for submission to eHam to set the record
straight... and name some names... or should I say call signs, of eHam
review writers that never even bought Jupiters from Ten-Tec.  He should have
this information readily at hand, as Ten-Tec only sells Jupiters from its
factory.

The eHam editor even admitted that he had reservations(read: bias) about
Ten-Tec product quality.... thus I think we Jupiter owners need to take eHam
reviews with a grain of salt or complain to the Reviews editor directly, as
I've done several times.  I feel I have been successful in having a few of
these obvious 'hit pieces' expunged and the editor told me that they
generally outlaw repetitive reviews of particular products by a single
'reviewer' - unless it is a follow-up review offering new useful, or
corrective information.

Just my 2¢ worth....

Bob
ad6vu@arrl.net