[TenTec] Jupiter and remote?

NZ8J timcook@erinet.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:41:56 -0400

Hi,

I recently picked up a used Jupiter and remote dial. The rig works flawlessly, but the remote seems to have a problem or else I am missing something.  I can enter frequencies from the remote, and I can program the function keys ok, but the knob will only change the freq by one "step" in either direction no matter how far I turn the knob or what direction. By one " step" I mean if I have it set to 10hz, the frequency will only change by 10 hz up or down, same for 10khz and so on. I am going to call Ten Tec tomorrow, but just thought I would throw this out here to see if by chance someone else had run across this.  The radio has ver 1.19 and has been updated to JT11KB (whatever that means).

one more question, with the mic gain control set at 0 I still get good alc action when using either a 705 or the Ten Tec hand mic.... any comments about this. guess I better read the archives before I ask too many questions...
Thanks
Tim
NZ8J