[TenTec] A hypothetic question

Bill Taylor(W4WBT) w4wbt@fmci.net
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 21:02:44 -0400

>At 8:54 PM -0400 8/4/02, Bill Taylor(W4WBT) wrote:
>>  "The
>>problem with "S" meters is there is no standard for
>>them. Two rigs from the same manufacture will give
>>different readings on the same signal. Location and
>antennas being the same."(edited)
The S meter on the RX340 read actual signal level at the antenna
input and is accurate. The reading does not change if you put in the
ATT or the preamp which is as it should be. After all, you have not
changed the actual signal level incoming. This circuit should have
been used on the Orion. I know a 6k radio then. Its probably worth it
and some people with lots of $ or good credit would buy it to get the
very best. After all, Icom occasionally still sells the 780 and the
9000 receiver (special order) and they are in the 6 to 10k range now.
The best way is to cover the smeter and if you can hear them, give
them an 5 and 9. why be different from 80% of everyone else.
BT

W4WBT

--

Good Listening Music on the web (MP3)   -24/7-  HTTP://WWW.CERINC.ORG