[TenTec] RE: hamfest pricing

AC5E@aol.com AC5E@aol.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:22:43 EDT

It's been my experience that many of the absurd prices found at 'fests of one
sort or another are from folks under strict  orders to sell, but who don't
want to.

A few years ago I was looking for a quail gun and ran across a fairly decent
Darne 16 gauge at a gun show. At the time new price was just over a thousand,
this one was worth maybe 700 tops. The guy asked three thousand and wasn't
budging.

After talking to him a while he admitted his wife gave him orders to sell
some of his guns so he brought the Darne to the show. He'd sell at his price
or not at all. He didn't want to sell, and he didn't.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E