[TenTec] Jupiter Auto Antenna Tuner Installation

Mark Erbaugh mark@microenh.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:15:45 -0400

Winston,

> Also, it sometimes tunes down to only 1.6 or 1.8 and I have to hit tune
again to get it to tune the SWR down further. Is this the way it is supposed
to operate?

> I have an external LDG tuner and am used to how it works. Is something
wrong here? Please help.

I, too, have an LDG AT-11MP and think it is a great tuner. I was
disappointed with the PT-11 internal tuner for the Pegasus. I noticed that
it did not tune to 1:1, especially on the higher bands, even when into a
relatively low SWR. With the same load, the AT-11MP was able to find a 1:1
match.  Just to make sure everything was installed properly, I returned the
Pegaus with tuner to LDG who checked it out and found that everything was
working fine.

I have removed my PT-11 and gone back to using the AT-11MP. Now, if I can
only convince Carl to add support for automatic tuning of the AT-11MP to his
control software ...

Mark