[TenTec] Jupiter firmware problems...NOT!

Chris Robson crobson@robsonco.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:19:57 -0400

I respect John's comments about software problems & Quality control,
however I also see some of his comment as a lack of forward thinking, since
I believe equipment like the Pegasus and Jupiter are leading edge
technology in Ham Radio and sometimes  you have to make an effort to leap
forward, that is something lacking in quality systems mentality. I say this
on the day we are going through our renewal of ISO9000 certification. If we
went through every tiny hoop that QC wanted us to go, we would never take a
chance on anything. I would like perfect software for my Jupiter, however
the majority of the releases have been very stable and fixes have been very
timely. I guess, John hasn't owned any contest software recently, bug fixes
are a way of life and a true test of a great product. No amount of QC
in-house could ever cover all the bases like releasing to the masses, it's
the response time to issues that counts. I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's
feelings, I just wish my suppliers and customers were as responsive as Ten
Tec is to it's customers. I'll take the new releases, bugs-an-all. This is
one customer that won't "beat the dog".
73, Chris KB3A