[TenTec] Filter questions

Bwana Bob wb2vuf@qsl.net
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:32:27 -0500

Max,

I added the 8 pole filter to my Corsair and noticed an immediate
difference. The skirt selectivity is greatly improved. The passband
tuning is much sharper: a little tweak of the PBT and adjacent channel
QRM slides right off the skirts and into the mud. On cw, the effect is
less noticeable if you run the 500 Hz filter, but it should be improved
because the 8 pole filter will keep QRM from reaching the 500 Hz filter.

				73,

				Bob WB2VUF