[TenTec] TRX power drain on Argo 516

n8coo@juno.com n8coo@juno.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 04:37:03 +0000

Maybe this has already been answered by someone, but it was explained to
me (as best as I can recall) that the Argonaut V is NOT being marketed or
represented as a low-power consumption rig.  It takes some horsepower to
operate the DSP and the other features it has. Ten Tec was not aiming the
rig towards the backpack-type radio crowd, and I was told their market
research indicated that wasn't the direction they needed (wanted) to go,
or words to that effect.

  I operate mobile/portable sometimes but power consumption is not
particularily a consideration for me within reason.  I guess it depends
what your definition of portable is.  Just like camping...nowadays I do
mine in a travel trailer, not a tent hi hi  Oh, I don't own an Argonaut V
- "yet" but would have no qualms over purchasing one when the time comes.

73 de Mark N8COO